Most families or single mothers living in England can get Child Benefit. Child Benefits are paid to parents or carers for children under 16 years of age or up to 20 years old if they are in full-time education. The child allowance is fixed, the first child is paid £ 20.30 per week, for the following children at £ 13.40 per week.
Applying for a child allowance must prove that you are entitled to receive it.
- the original of the child's birth certificate;
- National Insurance Number;
- your income information (P60, P45 form, payslips or annual tax returns);
- your bank account statements;
- if the child is over the age of 16, data from his / her educational institution.